The Arizer Solo dry herb Vaporizer hit the market in 2013, offering a new portable solution for enjoying herbal blends and dry tobacco on the go. It is also one of the more popular models among vaping enthusiasts. With the Arizer Solo, you can create vapor from any coarsely ground solid – making it suitable for use as a tobacco or dry herb vaporizer. The device is also popular as a cannabis vaporizer in states where marijuana is legal for recreational or medicinal use. An alternative to vaporizer pen designs, the Arizer Solo vaporizer has a number of key features, and a devout legion of fans among vape enthusiasts. Keep reading to learn all about this vape pen alternative.
Basics of the Arizer Solo Vaporizer
- Materials: Ceramic vaporizer heating chamber, stainless steel heater cover, glass vaporizer mouthpiece
- Function: Strictly a dry herb vaporizer
- Power: 2200 mAh lithium ion battery
- Included Accessories: Potpourri dish, wall battery charger, aromatherapy sample
- Required Maintenance: No replacement parts required
Let's take a look at some of the features of the Arizer Solo.
- Price - Selling at around $225, the Arizer Solo is slightly lower in price than models like the Pax by Ploom and the Firefly Vapoirzers; however, it is still more expensive than basic models like the Magic Flight Launch Box and the Vapir NO2. The aesthetic design also lies somewhere between the higher end and more economical models. Some people think the details of the Arizer Solo Vaporizer are not as stylish as the Pax or Firefly, but it does have a more modern and look than other less expensive models.
- Reputation - The Arizer Solo has a strong reputation, typically earning it fair to good online reviews, which is why it's frequently recommended by smoke shops. Due to its glass tube, the vaporizer is praised for its great-tasting quality vapor.
- Guarantee - With the Arizer Solo, you get a 2-year warranty on the craftsmanship and parts, and a 1-year warranty on the battery. The ceramic heating element is backed by a lifetime limited warranty.
- Prep Time - Depending on the temperature level that you select, the Arizer Solo can be ready for use in as little as 15 seconds or as long as 2 minutes and 30 seconds. When you first assemble the Arizer Solo, you may have a hard time inserting the glass tube into the tight O-ring seal on the vaporizer. You can make the process easier by preheating the vaporizer on the highest temperature setting. Don't be afraid to use some force when inserting the tube. It is constructed out of durable glass, so it's unlikely to break.
- Portability, Size and Privacy - Arizer Solo measures 1.75 inches in width by 4.5 inches in height. It's designed to be used on the go as a portable vaporizer. But it is larger in size than many of the other portables. As a result, it can be difficult to keep it concealed in your pocket. As a result, many experts at vape shops only recommend the Arizer Solo for individuals who want a cordless vaporizer to use at home.
- Ease of Use - controls on the Arizer Solo are rather straightforward, and it's simple to clean and maintain the model. Drawing from the device, however, can be challenging. Many people compare the experience of trying to pull vapor from the Solo as being similar to trying to suck up an extra thick milkshake through a straw. The best approach is to draw slowly and deeply, spending 5 to 25 seconds with each inhalation. The slower you draw, the thicker the vapor will be.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - Arizer Solo offers seven temperature settings with options ranging from 122 to 410 degrees Fahrenheit. The wide range of options makes this a very versatile portable model and greatly cuts down on the likelihood of combustion. The vaporizer is a convection model, which helps to ensure great tasting vapor.
- Power Supply - With the Arizer Solo, you get a lithium ion battery, which is meant to last for 2.5 to 4 hours – depending on the temperature setting. Reviews of the vaporizer indicate that many people experience a much shorter battery life than the stated standard. This could be because the users didn't completely drain the battery before the first use. Then again, there's always a chance that the battery life isn't as long as other models.
Pros of the Arizer Solo
Arizer Solo dry herb vaporizer offers a number of benefits to users:
- Low risk of combustion with the Arizer Solo, and the model produces high quality vapor.
- Wide range of temperature settings makes the Arizer Solo highly customizable.
- Controls on the Arizer Solo are easy to operate.
- A total of seven heat settings to ensure optimal temperature for whatever you're vaping
- All glass vapor path keeps impurities out of vapor for great taste
- LED indicator system lets you know at a glance if there is enough power left for a session
- Pass through technology allows you to vape while you recharge
- No screens or other vaporizer parts to replace
- Lifetime warranty, which is much longer than what is common with portablevaporizer models and other portable vapes
- Includes bent and straight vape mouthpieces, so you can choose the type that is most comfortable for you
Cons of Arizer Solo
There are a few downsides to the Arizer Solo, including:
- A slow draw is necessary to produce a thick vapor
- Slower draw than what's possible with a conventional vaporizer pen or other portable vapes
- Separate mouthpiece gives you an extra part to carry
- It's made of glass, so you have to be careful not to break it
- Larger than a standard vape pen at 4.437 inches by 1.75 inches by 1.812 inches
- Can be difficult to use, so you'll need to read the directions carefully
- Gets very hot to the touch
- Allow ample cooling time before refilling or cleaning
- More expensive than most vape pen options
- Higher priced than other portable vaporizers
- There may be issues with the battery life of the vaporizer
- People with poor mouth strength, due to illness or disabilities may be unable to use the vaporizer successfully
Summary of the Arizer Solo Dry Herb Vaporizer
The Arizer Solo dry herb vaporizer will allow you to get thick vapor clouds that are free of impurities, but it takes a little work to draw. The ability to choose between seven temperature settings eliminates combustion risks, and maintaining and cleaning the Arizer Solo is easy. Perhaps the biggest shortcoming of this dry herb vaporizer is its size. If you want something that is more streamlined and proportioned like an ecig or vaporizer pen, this wouldn't be the right portable vape for you.
Final Tips for Using the Arizer Solo
- Always grind your herbs to a medium coarseness prior to using the Solo.
- Never leave the dry herb vaporizer in a very cold place like inside your car in the wintertime.
- Keep your herbs loosely packed in the vaporizer heating chamber to avoid blocking airflow and diminishing vapor production.
To buy your Arizer Solo today, click here.
Go Back To The Top