It's nice to be able to experiment with different types of material to find what works the best for you. The Atmos Junior is a compact vape intended for those who like to mix things up. AtmosRX states that it can be used with dry herbs, but not advised by us, since there is a large chance of combustion with dry leaf material. It is more of a wax and essential oil vaporizer, as it has a direct heating coil exposed. Read on to learn all about the features, benefits, and drawbacks of this unit for waxy concentrates.
- Price - This oil and wax vaporizer pen sells for around $49, making it inexpensive, particularly when you consider the cost of purchasing three separate pens for oils, waxes, and herbs.
- Vapor Quality - When you use the Atmos Junior for dabbing or concentrated oils, you'll get above average vapor quality with a smooth taste, but the unit does tend to lose flavor and produce slightly harsher vapor toward the end of a session. The pen really isn't recommended for use with herbs, such as loose dry leafs, as there is a high risk of combustion when using this model with ground material.
- Guarantee - Atmos offers a 5-year warranty on this model, which is a rather long warranty for a portable vaporizer pen. There are reports of the battery having a short life, but Atmos stands by their product and will make things right if the battery does not last for the amount of time it should.
- Prep Time - Loading the Junior is easy. When you use it as a wax vaporizer, you can dab your material into the cartridge easily, and filling the oil tank is equally simple. If you do choose to use the unit as a dry herb vape pen, be sure to grind your herbs very finely for best results. The vape pen heats up quickly.
- Portability - Very compact, the Atmos Junior is easy to carry with you on the go, and it has a great design that resembles a traditional vape pen.
- Ease of Use - With just one button, the Atmos Junior is straightforward and ideal for beginners. The vaporizer is well sealed, so it won't leak if you're using it with oil or wax.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - There is only one temperature setting available with the wax vaporizer. The temperature is ideal for oil and wax, but it tends to run too hot for herbs.
- Power Supply - On a single charge, the Atmos Junior can provide about 45 minutes of continuous vaping time, which is a little short for a model like this one. This model takes about 1 to 2 hours to charge, but the initial charge takes about 8 hours.
If you're looking for an inexpensive portable model for waxes and oils, the Atmos Junior is a good investment. The vape is not recommended for dry herbs, and it is most likely to suit the needs of beginners, as experienced users will likely want a unit that provides more control over temperature and higher quality vapor. See our other vaporizer reviews for more options, when it comes to vape pens.