The Crafty by Storz and Bickel is one of two portable models produced by the German company, which has been considered an industry leader ever since they released the Volcano vaporizer. Like the Volcano vape, the Crafty model is considered a top-of-the-line personal vaporizer. Let's dive into the design of the Crafty.
Storz & Bickel offers a second portable model called the Mighty. This model looks very much like the Crafty with its black plastic vented housing and sleek design; however, there are some key differences between the two.
To get the most out of this dry herb vaporizer, follow these tips:
- Price - Retailing for $429, the Crafty is one of the most expensive portable vapes on the market today. It would likely not be the best choice for someone who was brand new to vaping, and unsure whether or not they will continue with the lifestyle; however, the portable vaporizer for dry herbs is an excellent investment for more experienced vape enthusiasts due to its quality and features as described below.
- Reputation - In Crafty vaporizer reviews and based on our own testing, the Crafty vape gets top marks for its performance. The portable device produces very pure, great-tasting vapor and is very efficient. The performance actually rivals the results that are possible with many standard desktop models, making this one of the best vaporizers for those who want to be able to vape on the go without compromising the quality of the experience.
- Guarantee - Storz & Bickel guarantees the Crafty for 2 full years, which is longer than many other portable vapes, and much longer than most vaporizer pens. Crafty reviews indicate that the model can well outlast the guarantee.
- Prep Time - The Crafty is ready for use in 90 seconds at the lowest temperature and 2 minutes at its higher temperature setting. This is comparable or better than most portable vaporizers with adjustable heating mechanisms; however, it will take the Crafty longer to heat up than the 5 to 10 seconds that you have to wait for most dry herb vape pens. The Crafty model is very easy to set up. Dry herbs don't need to be ground very fine prior to use, which speeds up prep time. It also comes with a filling tool that reduces the risk of spills and wastage when you're loading the heating chamber.
- Portability, Size and Privacy - Measuring 4.3 inches in height by 2.2 inches in length by 1.3 inches in width, the Crafty fits easily into your hand. Compared to other portable vapes, it falls right in the middle in terms of its size. This unit is rather easy to store, and until you raise up the mouthpiece, it is difficult to tell exactly what this device is, which makes it a compact vape option.
- Ease of Use - The Crafty has a straightforward design with minimal buttons, LED indicators, and vibration indicators that simplify use. Drawing may take a small amount of practice to perfect, as a longer draw is needed to get a satisfying amount of vapor. This device has an automatic shutoff feature that is relatively short at just 1 minute; however, the vaporizer can sense when you're drawing most of the time and will reset the timer. If it does shut off, it will vibrate to warn you, and it gets hot again within a few seconds of being powered back on.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - With its vented design, the Crafty does not grow uncomfortably hot to the touch the way many other portables can. The dry herb vape has two temperature settings--Normal (356 degrees Fahrenheit) and Boost (383 degrees Fahrenheit)--and most people will find these adequate. Unlike other portables, the preset temperatures are adjustable using a free smartphone app available from the Storz and Bickel. The app also allows you to monitor the temperature inside of the Crafty in real time, another handy feature. The temperature regulators in the portable vape are very advanced and work well to keep the device within range. Provided you set it at the right temperature, you are very unlikely to experience combustion.
- Power Supply - Powered by an internal battery, the Crafty can run for about 45 minutes on a single charge. This is a shorter lifespan than what's possible with some other portable vapes. It is possible, though, to vape while the device is recharging once the battery has been replenished past the 20-minute mark. You'll need about 2 hours for a complete charge, which is pretty average.
You can learn more about the Crafty by checking out the product page here at VaporPlants.com, see link above, or by contacting us for answers to specific questions.