The Crafty by Storz and Bickel is one of two portable vaporizers produced by the German company, which has been considered an industry leader ever since they released the Volcano vaporizer. Like the Volcano vape, the Crafty portable vaporizer is considered a top-of-the-line personal vaporizer. Let's dive into the design of the Storz & Bickel Crafty.
- Price - Retailing for $429, the Crafty legal weed vaporizer is one of the most expensive portable vapes on the market today. It would likely not be the best choice for someone who was brand new to vaping, and unsure whether or not they will continue with the lifestyle; however, the portable dry herb vaporizer is an excellent investment for more experienced vape enthusiasts due to its quality and features as described below.
- Reputation - In Crafty vaporizer reviews and based on our own testing, the Crafty vaporizer gets top marks for its performance. The portable vaporizer produces very pure, great-tasting vapor and is very efficient. The performance actually rivals the results that are possible with many standard desktop vaporizers, making this one of the best vaporizers for those who want to be able to vape on the go without compromising the quality of the experience.
- Guarantee - Storz & Bickel guarantees the Crafty for 2 full years, which is longer than many other portable vaporizers, and much longer than most vaporizer pens. Crafty reviews indicate that the vaporizer can well outlast the guarantee.
- Prep Time - The Crafty portable vaporizer is ready for use in 90 seconds at the lowest temperature and 2 minutes at its higher temperature setting. This is comparable or better than most portable vaporizers with adjustable heating mechanisms; however, it will take the Crafty longer to heat up than the 5 to 10 seconds that you have to wait for most dry herb vape pens. The Crafty portable vaporizer is very easy to set up. Dry herbs don't need to be ground very fine prior to use, which speeds up prep time. It also comes with a filling tool that reduces the risk of spills and wastage when you're loading the vaporizer heating chamber.
- Portability, Size and Privacy - Measuring 4.3 inches in height by 2.2 inches in length by 1.3 inches in width, the Crafty portable vaporizer fits easily into your hand. Compared to other portable vapes, it falls right in the middle in terms of its size. The vaporizer is rather easy to store, and until you raise up the mouthpiece, it is difficult to tell exactly what the herbal vaporizer is, which makes it a discreet vape option.
- Ease of Use - The Crafty vaporizer has a straightforward design with minimal buttons, LED indicators, and vibration indicators that simplify use. Drawing may take a small amount of practice to perfect, as a longer draw is needed to get a satisfying amount of vapor. The vaporizer has an automatic shutoff feature that is relatively short at just 1 minute; however, the vaporizer can sense when you're drawing most of the time and will reset the timer. If the vaporizer does shut off, it will vibrate to warn you, and it gets hot again within a few seconds of being powered back on.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - With its vented design, the Crafty herb vaporizer does not grow uncomfortably hot to the touch the way many other portable vaporizers can. The dry herb vape has two temperature settings--Normal (356 degrees Fahrenheit) and Boost (383 degrees Fahrenheit)--and most people will find these adequate. Unlike other portable vaporizers, the preset temperatures are adjustable using a free smartphone app available from Storz and Bickel. The app also allows you to monitor the temperature inside of the Crafty in real time, another handy feature. The temperature regulators in the portable vape are very advanced and work well to keep the device within range. Provided you set it at the right temperature, you are very unlikely to experience combustion.
- Power Supply - Powered by an internal battery, the Crafty vaporizer can run for about 45 minutes on a single charge. This is a shorter lifespan than what's possible with some other portable vapes. It is possible, though, to vape while the device is recharging once the battery has been replenished past the 20-minute mark. You'll need about 2 hours for a complete charge, which is pretty average.
Storz & Bickel offers a second portable vaporizer called the Mighty. The vaporizer looks very much like the Crafty with its black plastic vented housing and sleek design; however, there are some key differences between the two. The Crafty:
To get the most out of the dry herb vaporizer, follow these tips:
You can learn more about the Crafty Vaporizer by checking out the product page here at VaporPlants.com, or by contacting us for answers to specific questions.
Buy Vaporizers and Vape Pens from VaporPlants.com