When the DaVinci Ascent announced on January 13th in 2013, it caused a big stir, as its features were some of the most advanced ever seen. While not a traditional portable vaporizer, the DaVinci Ascent is a popular unit for those who want to vape on the go. Read on to learn more about this innovative vape. DaVinci Ascent arrived on the market in late 2013, making it one of the newest options for those who want to vape while on the go at that time. The unit is made by Organicix, LLC, and has some features that are very unique. Let's take a closer look at the details of the Da Vinci Ascent vape.
|DaVinci Ascent (Being Reviewed)||DaVinci Original (Oldest model by DaVinci)||DaVinci IQ (Newest model by DaVinci)|
|Materials Type||Dry herbs and concentrates||Dry herbs and concentrates||Dry herb|
|Oven Material||Ceramic/Glass||Bronze||Ceramic zirconia|
|Vapor Path||Glass||Carbon fiber blend||Ceramic zirconia|
|Battery Life (Usage time)||3+ hours||40-60 Minutes||90 Minutes (1.5 hours)|
|Charger||110-240 volt wall charger||110-240 volt wall charger||USB|
|Charge time||4-5 hours||3 Hours||1.5 hours|
|Bluetooth / APP||No||No||Yes|
|Heat-up Time||50 seconds||60 seconds||45 seconds|
|Easy to Load?||Yes||Moderately||Yes|
|Flavor / Taste||Moderate||Moderate||Excellent|
|Precise Temp Adjust / Temp Range||Precision up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit||Precision up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit||250 - 430 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Vape While Charging||Yes||No||Yes|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years||2 Years|
- Price - DaVinci Ascent was originally priced at $300 retail, but after the newer model release, IQ, Ascent can be now found for $200, making it one of the higher end priced portable models and many of the desktop models available on the market today.
- Reputation - In terms of vapor production and taste, the Da Vinci Ascent consistently earns high marks from reviewers. Which makes it one of the best vaporizers which has an all-glass pathway that keeps impurities out of herbs, or tobacco, resulting in very high vapor quality. Currently one of the only units on the market today that can be used not only for dry herbs but also for oils and concentrates.
- Guarantee - DaVinci offers a 2-year limited warranty on the Ascent, which is about as long as most other portables and longer than the guarantees provided with some models.
- Prep Time - Once the Ascent is turned on, it can be ready for use in as little as 30 seconds, so it is perfect for on-demand vaping.
- Portability, Size and Privacy - At just 4.47 inches in height by 2.24 inches in width by 1.03 inches in depth, the DaVinci Ascent is truly pocket sized and very easy to take with you on the go. The vaporizer has a sleek look and comes in three stylish finishes. Many people will mistake it for a mobile phone in a case, making it a compact vaping device.
- Ease of Use - For the average user, the Ascent is rather easy to use. The mouthpiece is simple to draw from, and there is a digital display that allows you to easily monitor the temperature. People who have arthritis or problems with finger dexterity may struggle to raise and lower the mouth piece or to fill the vaporizer.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - The Da Vinci Ascent is a conduction vaporizer. While reports of combustion are rare, some people have reported this problem with dry herbs. The Ascent does have a built-in temperature regulator that is highly responsive, allowing you to adjust the heat levels by increments as small as 1 degree. There are some reports that the device becomes hot to the touch, particularly at the bottom.
- Power Supply - The Da Vinci Ascent has a rechargeable battery that can power the device for about 2.5 hours, which is comparable to many portables; however, the 5-hour charge time is longer than the norm with models in this price range.
In conclusion, the DaVinci Ascent never fails to wow with its stylish design, and its flexible multi-function performance as both a dry herb and wax vaporizer. Features like a glass vapor pathway, and precise temperature controls allow the vape to provide superior vapor quality. Beware that this vaporizer can become hot, and it is a little larger than many other portables. But if you're looking for very pure, clean vapor, and don't want to worry about combustion, the DaVinci Ascent is a good investment for those who vape regularly, plus this model appeals to many experienced vape enthusiasts.