When the DaVinci Ascent announced on January 13th in 2013, it caused a big stir, as its features were some of the most advanced ever seen. While not a traditional portable vaporizer, the DaVinci Ascent is a popular unit for those who want to vape on the go. Read on to learn more about this innovative vape. DaVinci Ascent arrived on the market in late 2013, making it one of the newest options for those who want to vape while on the go at that time. The unit is made by Organicix, LLC, and has some features that are very unique. Let's take a closer look at the details of the Da Vinci Ascent.
- Price - DaVinci Ascent is priced at $300 retail, and can be found for around $270, making it one of the highest priced portable models and many of the desktop models available on the market today.
- Reputation - In terms of vapor production and taste, the Da Vinci Ascent consistently earns high marks from reviewers. Which makes it one of the best vaporizers which has an all-glass pathway that keeps impurities out of herbs, or tobacco, resulting in very high vapor quality. Currently one of the only units on the market today that can be used not only for dry herbs but also for oils and concentrates.
- Guarantee - DaVinci offers a 2-year limited warranty on the Ascent, which is about as long as most other portables and longer than the guarantees provided with some models.
- Prep Time - Once the Ascent is turned on, it can be ready for use in as little as 30 seconds, so it is perfect for on-demand vaping.
- Portability, Size and Privacy - At just 4.47 inches in height by 2.24 inches in width by 1.03 inches in depth, the DaVinci Ascent is truly pocket sized and very easy to take with you on the go. The vaporizer has a sleek look and comes in three stylish finishes. Many people will mistake it for a mobile phone in a case, making it a compact vaping device.
- Ease of Use - For the average user, the Ascent is rather easy to use. The mouthpiece is simple to draw from, and there is a digital display that allows you to easily monitor the temperature. People who have arthritis or problems with finger dexterity may struggle to raise and lower the mouth piece or to fill the vaporizer.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - The Da Vinci Ascent is a conduction vaporizer. While reports of combustion are rare, some people have reported this problem with dry herbs. The Ascent does have a built-in temperature regulator that is highly responsive, allowing you to adjust the heat levels by increments as small as 1 degree. There are some reports that the device becomes hot to the touch, particularly at the bottom.
- Power Supply - The Da Vinci Ascent has a rechargeable battery that can power the device for about 2.5 hours, which is comparable to many portables; however, the 5-hour charge time is longer than the norm with models in this price range.
If you're looking for very pure, clean vapor, and don't want to worry about combustion, the DaVinci Ascent is a good investment for those who vape regularly. This vaporizer will appeal to many vape enthusiasts; however, it's important to remember that this is not a true vape pen, as it does not have the shape of an ecig.