The Firefly was the first portable convection vaporizer to hit the market, and it has consistently earned top reviews for its performance. But the engineers at Firefly weren't content to just rest on their laurels! They've been hard at work for years on a new version of the vaporizer, and now it's finally here! The new Firefly 2 vaporizer is both a dry herb & wax vaporizer, and it's truly exceptional. Read on to learn more about this herbal and oil vape.
|Firefly 1 (Discontinued)||Firefly 2|
|Materials Type||Dry herb||Dry herb and wax|
|Battery Life (Usage time)||Around 50 hits||Around 50 hits|
|Charge time||45 minutes||50 minutes|
|Bluetooth / APP||No||Yes|
|Heat-up Time||Immediately||3 Seconds|
|Easy to Load?||Yes||Yes; magnetic lid|
|Flavor / Taste||Excellent||Outstanding|
|Precise Temp Adjust / Temp Range||Up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit||340, 360, 380, 400 & 420 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Vape While Charging||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||5 Years||5 Years|
- Price - The biggest drawback of the Firefly 2 is its price. It retails for around $330, which makes it one of the most expensive options for those looking for a portable vaporizer for wax and herbs. That said, the efficiency and the performance of the vaporizer makes it well worth its price tag.
- Vapor Quality - The Firefly 2 is a convection vaporizer that uses low heat and air flow to warm material, making it far more efficient than nearly all other models on the market. The vapor path features only FDA approved materials, giving you pure vapor. The level of smoothness, the quality of the taste, and the potency of the vapor produced by this model make it truly worthy of the title, best dry herb vaporizer among portables, and it performs equally well as a dab vaporizer.
- Guarantee - Firefly brand offers a 2-year warranty on the Firefly 2, which is sort of short for a vaporizer of this price; however, the vape does seem to be well made, so it's likely that the device will last well beyond 2 years of use. The finish on the vape could get scratched if you're not careful with how you handle and store it.
- Prep Time - The Firefly 2 Vaporizer is very easy to load, and doesn't require an ultra-fine grind to work properly. One small drawback is that the chamber only holds about .1 grams of material, so you can't enjoy very long sessions with a single load. However, the high potency of the vapor means you likely won't need to take as many hits with this vape. The heating chamber heats up quickly.
- Portability - The original Firefly was often criticized because of its size, which made it awkward to carry in your pocket. The Firefly 2/3 of the size of the original and 55% lighter, making it much more portable. There is also virtually no odor with this vape, so it's very compact.
- Ease of Use - With the Firefly 2, you can take 1 or 2 draws at a time or enjoy an entire session, giving you the flexibility to vape how you want on the go. A mobile app makes it very easy to operate the vaporizer. It may take a little time for you to learn the proper technique to get a good draw from the herbal vaporizer, and the model does have a lot of draw resistance, which can make it challenging for people with breathing problems.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - The Firefly 2 gives you the flexibility to choose from six temperature settings, which you can select with the mobile app.
- Power Supply - Unlike most other vaporizers, the Firefly 2 comes with two removable batteries, so you can always have a spare charged and ready to go. The battery life on the Firefly is improved with the new version of the wax + herb vaporizer, now it will last through around 25 to 50 draws, depending on the temperature setting.
The classic Firefly has been considered one of the best vaporizers for those looking for an exceptional vaping experience, which just aren't possible with any basic vape. Made with both form and function in mind, the original Firefly portable vaporizer revolutionized the industry, with its convection air flow design, that improved efficiency and prevented the combustion problems associated with other similar models.
Still, nothing is perfect, and those who purchased the original Firefly vaporizer did have a few complaints about the design. Always receptive to feedback, the manufacturer listened to customer feedback, and unveiled a new and improved version - the Firefly 2 for wax and herbs. Here is the list of some of the new and improved features of the 2nd generation:
If you're looking for a model that will allow you to get the most out of both herbal and oily concentrate materials, the Firefly 2 is an excellent investment. You simply won't find a unit that provides better quality vapor, or that is more efficient than this herb and wax vaporizer. Want to learn more about the Firefly 2? Check out the product page here at VaporPlants.com or contact us with any questions.