When it comes to value for the money, it's hard to beat the Magic-Flight Launch Box vaporizer. This simple, fully handcrafted hardwood portable vape is ready for use much faster than other similar devices and has replaceable, rechargeable batteries. It does take a little time to master the techniques for using this vaporizer, but it's well worth the effort to learn. The Magic-Flight Launch Box is a very small unit that is constructed out of wood, and is a favorite among individuals who are most concerned about having a compact vaporizer that is convenient for using on the go. The original MFLB model is compatible with dry herbs only, and it has a number of great benefits as well as a few drawbacks.
The Muad-Dib vaporizer is similar in style to the MFLB original, except it is made from maple hardwood and features optical grade glass. Inside of the trench, there are two rods supporting a small, stainless steel screen--and, of course, it is made for concentrates. This very delicate screen is where you put your concentrates. Note that if something does happen to the screen, it is replaceable and inexpensive. Connect a whip to the Muad-Dib to use it, as otherwise the vapor will be too hot. Sounds pretty similar to the tray, right?
To use, all you have to do is load a small match head amount onto the screen. What makes this different from the tray is that instead of waiting until mist forms to draw from the wax vaporizer, you begin to draw immediately and well before the battery has been engaged. Draw as quickly as you can, otherwise the vapor may become harsh and the taste may diminish. Start the battery right after you begin to pull, and keep it engaged for the duration of the draw until there is no more vapor.
Truly, these two are similar in nature, but one allows you to insert a tray and enjoy the 2-in-1 functionality of a dry herb and dab vaporizer, while the other serves as only for wax. They use the same kind of AA NiMH 2000mAh batteries and are both cleaned by burning off the residual material. Which one is right for you depends on how diverse you want your MFLB to be!
- Price - Magic-Flight has set a recommended retail price of just $120, making it rather inexpensive compared to other best vaporizer models. To find something less expensive in a hand-held portable design, you'd have to opt for a vape pen rather than a traditional portable vape.
- Reputation - Among vaping enthusiasts, the Magic-Flight Launch Box has a good reputation, but that is based mostly on the convenience that it offers. In terms of vapor quality, most people would consider it to be about average. If the vaporizer is not properly used, there is a risk that the quality could even be poor.
- Guarantee - Magic Flight offers a lifetime warranty on the entire unit. If virtually anything goes wrong with the device, they will repair it or replace it. That type of guarantee is almost unheard of for portable vaporizers, because they are vulnerable to damage due to the fact that they are frequently transported to different locations and can break in transit.
- Prep Time - To get the best results from the MFLB, you will need to grind your herbs very fine. Otherwise, you will likely experience thin vapor with little flavor and reduced potency. Taking the time needed to grind herbs fine enough for good results can be time-consuming. The Launch Box is ready for use in 5 to 10 seconds, giving it one of the fastest heat-up times among portable vaporizers.
- Portability and Size - This small wooden box device is small enough to fit inside of most people's palms, and is truly a convectional model. It's a very compact option and is as easy to carry as a vape pen due to its size.
- Ease of Use - The way that you draw will affect the heat and the performance of the small vaporizer. As a result, there is a learning curve involved. Those new to vaping may have to experiment before finding the best way to ensure a satisfying experience.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - It does not give you the ability to select a specific temperature setting. The length and strength of your draw will determine how hot the heating chamber burns. There is a risk of combustion associated with this model if it's not used properly.
- Power Supply - Included with the Launch Box is a removable, rechargeable NiMH AA battery. These batteries are sold in many stores, so when the one included with the vape wears out, it is easy to replace it.