Ever since the release of their Volcano model, Storz and Bickel has been one of the most popular and renowned brands. After the success of the Volcano, and their follow up handheld model the Plenty, the German engineers at Storz and Bickel developed two portable vaporizers. The larger of the two, the Storz & Bickel Mighty vaporizer, has a number of benefits to offer the right vape enthusiast. Read on to learn more about this cordless convection device and for whom it is best.
Compared to the Crafty that was released at the same time, the Mighty:
- Price - The Mighty MSRP is $489, making it one of the most, if not the most, expensive portable models on the market today. Needless to say, a first timer might want to invest in a less expensive portable vaporizer due to the cost. Those who are more established with vaping, and want a high performance model will likely find the Mighty to be a good value when all of its features are considered.
- Reputation – Like the Volcano vape, the Mighty has a truly stellar reputation. This hand held unit rivals the performance of nearly all desktop vaporizer units. After a vape session, dry herbs left in the heating chamber are nearly always evenly combusted, and you won't find a device that provides cleaner, better tasting, or more potent vapor anywhere.
- Guarantee - Storz and Bickel warranties the Mighty for 2 years. The warranty length is above average compared to others, and it is much longer than the coverage given to most vape pens. Due to its durable plastic housing and sturdy construction, you can expect the herbal vaporizer to last for well beyond the length of the guarantee. It's a combination of the durability and the performance of the Mighty that make it worthy of its price point.
- Prep Time - Even at a high temperature setting, the Mighty will be ready for use in roughly 90 seconds to 2 minutes. The heat up time is compares to other similar cordless model designs, but don't expect the nearly instantaneous preheating that you get from a vaporizer pen. A nice feature of the Mighty is that it vibrates when it reaches working temperature, so you don't have to watch the LED lights. Unlike some others, the Mighty by Storz and Bickel is easy to fill with the included tool, so little to no herb is spilled or wasted during filling.
- Portability, Size and Privacy - The Mighty is 5.5 inches by 3.2 inches by 1.2 inches in size, making it much bigger than nearly all other similar models. You can't fit the Mighty in your pocket, and it is much larger than the size of a standard handheld vaporizer. As a result, it is not really conducive to compact vaping on the go. Rather, the model is geared toward vape enthusiasts who want to be able to enjoy dry herbs at home without being tethered to the wall by a cord, or for those who want to be able to vaporize with efficiency and power similar to that of a desktop vaporizer when they're away from home. The Mighty is ruggedly constructed, so you won't have to worry about it suffering breakage if you do choose to travel with it.
- Ease of Use - The Mighty is rather simple to use. The combination of the vibrations and the LED lights make it easy to monitor the device. There is a small learning curve for mastering the draw technique. If you typically take short, shallow draws, you'll need to modify to a longer, slower draw to get a satisfactory amount of vapor from the Mighty. One potential drawback to note is that the automatic shutoff timer is much shorter than most other models. The device will shut off within 1 minute if you don't push a button or take a draw. Unfortunately, the draw sensor, which works by monitoring temperature fluctuations, doesn't always work optimally, so it's possible that it will turn off even if you take a draw. If this happens, the vape will vibrate to let you know, and you can turn it back on for quick reheating.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - With its LCD screen and controls, you can adjust the Mighty to settings of 104 to 410 degrees Fahrenheit, a very wide range for a portable vape. Oddly, you will need to switch the vaporizer over to Fahrenheit every time that you turn it on. The temperature regulators are very sensitive, and keep the Mighty within range throughout sessions, so combustion is virtually impossible.
- Power Supply - Powered by two internal batteries, the Mighty can be used for approximately 90 minutes of continuous vaping, which is rather long. The device also offers pass-through charging, allowing you to vape as soon as you plug it in.
In conclusion, the Mighty Vaporizer is a portable device that performs every bit as well, if not better, than most desktop vaporizers. A long battery life and a very efficient, luxurious design sets this vape apart from the pack, and it has very few downsides, aside from the fact that it's a bit larger than other portables.