The Volcano vaporizer by Storz and Bickel is one of the most well-known and acclaimed desktop vaporizer designs on the market today. No other dry herb vaporizer compares to the reputation of this sleek, premium quality desktop vape. In addition to being a powerful, efficient vaporizer for herbal blends, the Volcano classic vaporizer is also a good choice for vaping tobacco in order to quit smoking. You can even use the aromatherapy attachment to diffuse the essences of herbs into the air.
Storz & Bickel have released an update to the Volcano Classic. Called the Volcano Digit, it has the same basic design and quality components as the original, but there are a couple of key differences between the two, including:
Price - The Volcano desktop vaporizer retails at $660, and has a recommended retail price of roughly $500. This makes it one of the most expensive dry herb vaporizer models on the market today. If you're brand new to vaping and aren't sure you're going to continue with the lifestyle, starting off with a high-priced model like the Volcano vaporizer by Storz & Bickel may be ill-advised. For those who will be vaping daily or multiple times per day, the Volcano vaporizer offers real value for the money by reducing waste with efficient heating and quality to outlast many other desktop vapes.
Reputation - You won't find a vaporizer with a better reputation than the Volcano dry herb vaporizer. Nearly everyone with experience in vaping has heard of the Volcano, and it's the desktop vaporizer that many people save their money up in order to acquire. The Volcano Classic is known for delivering excellent tasting vapor and providing a clean, pure experience.
Guarantee - The Volcano Classic vaporizer comes with a 3-year manufacturer's warranty. Many people who purchase the dry herb vaporizer find that it lasts far beyond the warranty length, providing many years of vaping pleasure.
Prep Time - Even at the highest temperature setting, the Volcano desktop vaporizer can be ready for use within 3 minutes or less. Dry herbs do need to be ground before loading to ensure even, full vaporization.
Portability, Size, and Privacy - Strictly a desktop vaporizer, the Volcano Classic is a vaporizer that is intended for home use. The vape measures 7.35 inches in height by 7.5 inches in diameter, so it's still a compact vaporizer that is easy to store, and that can be used on nearly any table or desk. With its stainless steel exterior, the vaporizer is attractive; however, this desktop vaporizer is not disguised in any way. If you leave it out in the open, people will recognize it as a vaporizer, or at least inquire about what it is. Fortunately, the size allows for discreet storage if you wish to be keep your vaping habits private.
Ease of Use - The Volcano Classic is a forced-air vaporizer that uses balloons for collecting the vapor. An internal fan blows the vapor right into the bag, and then you can simply detach it and draw right from the balloon. There is really no learning curve to getting a satisfying draw from the Classic Vaporizer by Storz and Bickel.
Heating and Temperature Regulators - With the Volcano Classic vape, you can set the temperature between 266 degrees Fahrenheit and 446 degrees Fahrenheit.
Adjustments are made with a rotary dial that is numbered one through nine. You won't be able to see the exact temperature displayed on the Classic. Despite this, the Volcano Classic maintains a steady temperature for the best possible results.
Power Supply - You must plug the Volcano Classic dry herb vaporizer into a standard wall outlet to power the device.
- Price - Original retail price is $770, and it current can be found at discount selling price for around $680. The Volcano Digit is usually among the most expensive vaporizers at smoke shops if not the most expensive model. High price makes it less than ideal for beginners, who aren't sure if vaping is something they will want to actively pursue on an ongoing basis. The digital sells for $130 more than the Volcano Classic, which could be a good option for those who like the basic features of the digital but don't need the new technologies.
- Reputation - At vape shops, in print publications and in online reviews, the Volcano Digit consistently earns best vaporizer marks, and it is considered by many to be the most luxurious vaporizer model on the market today. The Storz and Bickel model has an excellent reputation, and many state that its balloon system produces the best tasting vapor.
- Guarantee - Volcano Digital comes with a 2-year guarantee, which is 1 year shorter than the Volcano Classic. The additional digital display does result in more parts that could break over time, but so far, the Volcano digital seems to be every bit as reliable as its predecessor.
- Prep Time - You can have the Volcano digital ready for use quickly, but you will need to grind your dry herbs with a herb grinder prior to placing them inside to get the best results from vaping.
- Portability, Size and Privacy - Volcano digital is a desktop model and not designed to be used on the go. The dry herb vaporizer measures 8 inches in diameter by 8 inches in height, so it will fit easily on a counter top or table. The stainless steel design gives the dry herb vaporizer a sleek appearance, but you can definitely tell that it is a vaping product. Since it is compact, you can store it out of sight when not in use to protect your privacy.
- Ease of Use - With the Volcano Digit, vapor is collected inside of a balloon, which can be easily detached for vaping. You won't need to learn a specific inhalation technique to draw from the balloon, and you can vape at your leisure, as the vapor will remain safely contained inside.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - Volcano Digital uses convection to heat dry herbal blends and tobacco. The design includes temperature controls that can be set between 104 degrees and 446 degrees Fahrenheit. The digital display makes it easy to see what temperature the heating chamber is at and allows you to monitor preheating. The temperature regulators are very sophisticated, and as a result, combustion of herbs is very uncommon. As an added safety feature, the digital includes a new automatic shutoff not found in the Volcano Vaporizer by Storz and Bickel.
- Power Supply - Volcano Digit must be plugged into a standard electrical socket for operation.
In closing, the key differences between the Volcano Digital tabletop and the Volcano Classic by Storz and Bickel vaporizer are that the digital has an automatic shutoff feature and a digital display. The newer model has a shorter guarantee than the Classic (2-year versus 3-year), and it sells for about $130 more. See the full Volcano Vaporizer Review, the original classic vaporizer by Storz and Bickel.
Click here to see Volcano Digit User Instructions Guide
To set up the Volcano Vaporizer, follow these simple steps:
The amount of vapor produced by the dry herb vaporizer, as well as its thickness, taste and quality, can vary widely due to a variety of factors, including:
The Volcano produces vapor and releases it into a bag using a forced air fan.
The Liquid Pad is one of Volcano Vaporizer accessories that is commonly used for aromatherapy.
Only certain types of herbs have been tested for use in conjunction with the Storz and Bickel Volcano Vaporizer.
To care for and clean the Easy Valve device and continue to ensure that your Volcano Vaporizer produces high quality vapor.
We highly recommend that you adhere to these safety guidelines in order to avoid accidents and injuries when vaping with a Volcano Vaporizer:
If you need further assistance with your Volcano digital or Volcano Classic, we would love to help! Please feel free to get in touch with our vaping customer service team for more information about any of our vaporization products. We look forward to assisting you!
Click here to see Volcano Vaporizer Instructions Manual