The Hot Box is a whip-style vaporizer for dry herbs, that has many devoted fans. While it's been on the market for some time, it's still a favorite among many vapor enthusiasts due to the many unique benefits that it provides.
use coupon code VP5 to save 5%
Very low in price compared to other desktop vaporizers
Incredibly easy to use with no knobs or dials
Simple to clean and fill because of the 2-piece wand design
Standard and ground glass options allow you to choose the way you want to use your whip
No way to adjust the temperature to enhance the vaping experience; however, the single temperature is optimized to avoid combustion
Longer heat up time than other desktop vaporizers
Exterior and the wand can become very hot
Tubing is very stiff and coils up, which can make the vaporizer harder to use with the standard whip, and can cause the ground glass version to disconnect
In-Depth of the Hot Box Vaporizer
- Price - One of the biggest selling points of the Hot Box Whip-Style vaporizer is that it is one of the lowest priced on the market. The suggested retail price of the model is around $185, but you can often purchase it for less than $120.
- Vapor Quality – Compared to other desktop vaporizers, the Hot Box offers average vapor quality. You can expect to get large clouds of potent vapor, but some of the taste of your dry herbs may not be fully retained by this vaporizer. In addition, the vapor is not as smooth as what you might enjoy with other desktop vaporizers; however, considering its low price point, the dry herb vaporizer performs rather well.
- Guarantee - Hot Box Vapors offers a 5-year warranty on the heating element of the Hot Box, which is as good or better than many other desktop vapes. The glass elements are not warrantied, but this is not uncommon.
- Prep Time - A major drawback of the Hot Box is its long heat- up time. Typically, the dry herb vape will take 10 minutes to reach working temperature, which is significantly longer than many other herbal vaporizers.
Setting up the vaporizer is easy, because there are no dials or knobs to turn. You can simply fill your wand and turn the unit on.
- Ease of Use - The HotBox is offered in two styles: a standard glass connection model, and a hands-free ground glass connection model. Both types feature a 2-piece wand that is very easy to fill and to clean. Drawing from the vaporizer is rather simple, compared to other vaporizers; however, the tubing on the whip can complicate vaping. Unlike the tubing used for other vaporizer whips, the vape hose is very stiff. This can make it hard to insert with either style, and cause the wand to slip out of the ground glass model.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - With the Hot Box Whip-Style Vaporizer, you get only one temperature setting. This can be a positive for someone who is new to vaping, but for those who are more experienced, and like to be able to set the heat level to correspond with what they're vaping, this could be a disappointing limitation.
Overall, the Hot Box Whip-Style Vaporizer receives a score of 78/100. This dry herb vaporizer is recommended mostly for beginners and for more experienced enthusiasts who primarily use a portable vape or a vape pen, and just want a desktop vaporizer for occasional use. The vaporizer comes in a number of different colors and designs, and you can check them all out here at VaporPlants.com.
Tips for Using the Hot Box
Grind your dry herbs very finely for optimal results.
Never touch the top of the dry herb vaporizer or the wand once the unit is hot in order to avoid injury.
To keep the temperature low, take fast draws. To increase the temperature, draw more slowly.
Even if you purchase the ground glass version, keep one hand on the wand to steady it in order to avoid disconnections.
The Hot Box, developed by Hot Box Vapors Extraction Hardware, is a very easy-to-use desktop vaporizer that is perfect for a variety of vaping situations. The device is compatible with herbal blends, aromatherapy products and tobacco blends. We've created this guide in order to provide you with all of the information you need to use and clean your Hot Box.
How to Vape with the Hot Box
Vaping with the Hot Box is actually quite easy if you follow this series of simple procedures:
Plug the Hot Box into a wall outlet
Use the switch located on the cord to power the unit (You will see an indicator light when the device is turned on)
Let the Hot Box rest for at least 15 minutes so that it can reach optimal working temperature
If you have attached an extension cord to the vaporizer, you may need to wait longer
Grind your herbal blend or tobacco with a herb grinder prior to use to promote the best vapor production possible
Fill wand up to the colored indicator line using your fingers or a utensil
When you're ready to vape, touch the end of the wand against the glass heating element and inhale
The best method of inhalation is a steady breath at a medium to fast pace. Slower drawing will produce hotter vapor
You should be able to get two to six deep draws of vapor each time that you fill the whip
How Use the Hot Box for Aromatherapy
To utilize your Hot Box Vaporizer for aromatherapy. Follow these steps:
Place the aromatherapy attachment over the heating element
Fill the chamber 1/3 of the way full with your preferred essential oils
For best results, add a few drops of water to your oil
The unit will become hot and begin to create vapor from the essential oils
The scented vapor will be released into the environment
How to Clean and Maintain the Hot Box
To keep your Hot Box Vaporizer in the best condition, follow these maintenance and cleaning tips:
Before each use, carefully check the power cord, looking for any signs of damage
You should replace the 5/8-inch screen in the wand whenever it becomes discolored or clogged.
To replace the screen:
Separate the upper and lower pieces of the wand
Moving from the top, push the screen out of the upper portion of the wand
Push a new screen in through the bottom of the upper part of the wand
Use the black O-ring to reconnect the wand's components
Replaced Tubing every three months
In between uses, clean safe to wash tubing by running them under hot water
When the wand becomes discolored, take it apart and use a skewer or another tool to remove build up
You can clean vapor glassware by washing it under hot water if needed
Health and Safety Warnings
Safety guidelines are important to know before operating HotBox:
Hot Box Vaporizer contains a heating unit that becomes very hot
Do not touch the heating element or the tip of the wand, as these can easily cause burns
Keep the Hot Box Vaporizer away from any and all objects that are flammable (This includes fabrics, paper and plastics)
Always ensure that the Hot Box Vaporizer is placed on a flat surface before use, and do not leave the device unattended while it is on
Do not allow children or pets near the Hot-Box
The Hot Box is only intended for recreational use
It is, under no circumstances, a medical device
Never put the HotBox or any vaporizer in water
Do not use the device in damp areas, as this could lead to electrical shocks
Unplug the Hot Box when it is not in use
Do not use Hot Box if there are any signs of damage or visible wear and tear
If the unit breaks during use, unplug it immediately
If you have additional questions about vaping with the HotBox-Vaporizer or general maintenance. We've helped numerous customers with a variety of issues related to their personal vaping devices. If you're looking for further assistance with your vaporizer, don't hesitate to let us know! Our customer service team is here to assist you.