Want to get the best results from vaping with a vape pen? Whether you're using a desktop vaporizer, a portable vaporizer, or a dry herb vaporizer pen, you'll get the most vapor, the best taste, and superior vapor quality when you use a herb grinder, or herb crusher to grind your herbs or medicinal marijuana into smaller pieces prior to filling your dry herb vaporizer. Herb grinders break herbs down, increasing the surface area of the herbs to allow for optimal vaporization.
Because herb grinders greatly improve the vape experience, you'll find a wide assortment for sale online and in vape shops. This means you have plenty of options, but it can also make it difficult to know which one is truly the best grinder for your vaping needs. To help you focus your search on the best herb grinders, here's a quick guide on what to look for as you compare different models.
The first thing that you'll need to decide when you're looking for the best herb grinders is whether you want an electric herb grinder or a manual herb grinder. Electric grinders are great time-saving devices, and spare you the hassle of having to manually crush the herbs; however, most people who are experienced with vaporizers find that electric herb grinders do not evenly grind herbs, and can contribute to poor vapor quality. Still, you might prefer an electric herb grinder if you have arthritis or another medical problem that makes it difficult for you to grip or twist objects.
A herb grinder can have two, three, four, or five pieces, depending on its design. Each type offers different benefits as follows:
- 2 piece Grinder - features a top portion where the herbs are placed and a bottom portion that grinds the herbs. The 2 piece grinder is a popular choice, particularly among those looking for cheap grinders.
- 3 piece Grinder - includes an extra piece and separates larger herb pieces from smaller herb pieces as you grind.
- 4 piece Grinder - has an extra compartment that holds pollen or kief. Sometimes, this type is referred to as a grinder with kief catcher. The 4 piece herb grinder is one of the most popular types of herb grinders for sale on the market today.
- 5 piece Grinder - has a final compartment that captures the finest particles of pollen. The 5 piece grinder is not common, and only offered by a small number of manufacturers.
Once you have decided whether a 2, 3, 4, or 5-piece herb grinder is the right option for your needs, you're ready to consider the materials from which an herb grinder is made. Here are the most common types of materials used in dry herb grinders, and some of their benefits and drawbacks:
- Titanium Grinder - A titanium metal grinder will be more expensive than other herb grinders; however, choosing one of these top of the line models has its benefits. Titanium is incredibly strong, and is capable of grinding herbs very finely. It is also scratch-resistant, and less likely to break than other types of grinders. Making an investment in a titanium grinder could provide cost savings over time, as you may need to replace cheap herb grinders several times, whereas a titanium grinder can last for years.
- Wood Grinder - A wood grinder can perform well, and produce evenly ground herbs that vaporize well. If you're considering a wooden grinder, it's important to look for one with a nontoxic finish to avoid contaminating your herbs with chemicals. Another drawback to a wooden herb grinder is that it is more fragile, and may not last as long as other types of grinders.
- Aluminum Grinder - An aluminum herb grinder allows you to get the strength and durability benefits of metal, while still being able to purchase a relatively cheap grinder. Aluminum is very light in weight, so even a large herb grinder made out of the material will be easy to carry. According to herb grinder reviews and sales statistics, aluminum herb grinder models are the most popular type of herb grinder among vape enthusiasts.
- Acrylic Grinder - An acrylic or plastic grinder is the cheapest type of herb grinder. These grinders typically do not last as long as other types; however, they may be adequate if you don't vape often, or only vape herbs occasionally, and tend to prefer e juice, e liquid, or wax for daily use. If you choose to purchase a plastic herb grinder, look for one that does not contain potentially toxic additives like BPA or phthalates.
As you consider the many herb grinders for sale on the market today, you'll want to keep your budget, your lifestyle, your vaping habits, and your personal preferences in mind. There is no single best grinder that will be ideal for everyone. Only by weighing your preferences, and comparing the features of the herb grinders on the market today can you find truly the best grinder for your needs. If you'd like additional information, or require shopping assistance, don't hesitate to contact our customer service team. We'll be glad to help you find the best grinder for your vaping needs.
Buy Vaporizers and Vape Pens from VaporPlants.com