The Atmos Vicod 5G 2nd Generation is a convection heating dry herb vaporizer that features temperature control, quick heating, and a simple interface that makes this dry herb vape excellent for on the go use. It includes a wax cup for your concentrates as well. A portable vaporizer is a convenient way to vaporize tobacco and dry herbs, but for many people shopping for portable units is expensive. Most of the best vaporizers in the portable category are priced at $200 or more, much more than what you'd pay for an e cigarette or dry herb vape pen. Now, there is finally an economical unit for tobacco and dry herbs that doesn't cost a fortune--the Atmos Vicod 5G 2nd Gen. Read on to learn more about the benefits and drawbacks of the device. And make sure to scroll to the bottom to read the review of the 1st generation Vicod 5G.
|Vicod (Discontinued)||Vicod 5G 1st Gen (Discontinued)||Vicod 5G 2nd Gen (NEW)|
|Materials Type||Dry herbs||Dry herbs||Dry herbs|
|Oven Material||Stainless steel||Ceramic||Glass|
|Vapor Path||Hard plastic||Glass||Glass|
|Battery Life (Usage time)||3 Hours||90 minutes||90 minutes|
|Charge time||2-3 hours||2-3 hours||1 hours|
|Bluetooth / APP||No||No||No|
|Heat-up Time||60 Seconds||45 Seconds||30 Seconds|
|Easy to Load?||Moderately||Yes||Yes|
|Flavor / Taste||Excellent||Excellent||Excellent|
|Precise Temp Adjust / Temp Range||350-430 degrees Fahrenheit||330-445 degrees Fahrenheit||300-435 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Vape While Charging||No||No||No|
|Warranty||5 years||5 years||5 years|
- Price - At a price of only $129.95, this dry herb vaporizer and wax combination is reasonable. This is especially true when you consider all the benefits that it has to offer.
- Vapor Quality - The Vicod 5G 2nd Generation Kit comes with a glass mouthpiece and uses a ceramic heating element that makes the flavor it produces excellent. Although it goes up to 435 degrees Fahrenheit, some of the flavor and quality of the vapor does get lost around 400 degrees, so try not to stretch it too far beyond this.
- Guarantee - The Vicod 5G 2nd Generation Kit comes with a 5-year limited warranty that covers the entire unit. The only time that it will not cover a part is if it has been neglected, abused, or otherwise mistreated, such as if you make a modification.
- Prep Time – The Vicod 5G 2nd Generation Kit only takes around 30 seconds to heat up, ensuring that you can vape right away. It is easy to load and comes with a packing tool that makes it simpler than ever.
- Portability - The Vicod 5G 2nd Generation Kit fits comfortably in the hand and is easy to carry around thanks to its rubberized housing that also happens to be heat resistant. That said, it is not hidden when held in your hand, but it can fit into a pocket or a bag with ease.
- Ease of Use - This is simple to use thanks to its included cleaning brush and packing tool. Pop off the mouthpiece to gain access to the chamber and you are good to go. The interface of the Vicod 5G 2nd Generation Kit also makes it simple to navigate, allowing you to turn it on and change the temperature with ease.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - The Vicod 5G 2nd Generation Kit comes with a temperature range of 300 to 435 degrees Fahrenheit and buttons that let you choose your temperature in one degree increments. It heats up a reliable ceramic coil as well as the included wax cup with ease. This product uses a powerful 2200mAh lithium polymer battery for heating.
- Power Supply - The Vicod 5G 2nd Generation Kit is able to go from a completely drained and dead battery to a full charge that is ready to use in only one hour. After the ultra powerful and long lasting 2200mAh lithium polymer battery is fully charged, you can use the vaporizer for up to 90 minutes at a time, which is typically around four to five sessions.
The Vicod 5G 2nd Generation Kit is primarily a dry herb vaporizer, although it does come with a wax cup that you can use for your concentrates. This vape is compact and discreet, making it ideal for on the go and at home use all the same. It is powered by a strong, long-lasting 2200 mAh lithium polymer battery that powers the vaporizer temperature controls between 300 and 435 degrees Fahrenheit. You can adjust the temperature to the precise degree using the one degree incremental adjustability that the Vicod 5G 2nd Generation Kit boasts. This vaporizer is smart and has a memory function. Its memory function automatically heats to the last-used heat setting when you turn it on.
Its embedded ceramic chamber ensures a clean vape every time, one that evenly heats your herbs for optimum results. It also comes with a glass mouthpiece that furthers its delicious, pure flavor. The outside is composed of a rubberized housing which provides not only an excellent grip but a heat-resistant barrier as well. The redesigned OLED display works in harmony with the up and down arrows on the device to show you what temperature it is that you are setting. Portable and stylish, the Vicod 5G 2nd Generation Kit is ideal for use wherever you go.
See bellow for the orignal review we did on the first generation of Atmos Vicod 5G
- Price - The Atmos RX Vicod 5G retails for around $140, but you can often find it for around $120 to $130 at authorized retailers. This makes the Atmos Vicod much less expensive than most other portables.
- Vapor Quality - With its ceramic heating chamber, the Atmos Vicod is able to produce pure, clean vapor that is flavorful and smooth. Cloud size is large with the portable tobacco vaporizer. Overall, the vapor quality is above average, particularly when you compare it to others that are similarly priced.
- Guarantee - Atmos RX offers a 5-year warranty on the Vicod 5G. This is longer than the warranties provided on most vaporizers.
- Prep Time - The Atmos Vicod 5G gets hot quickly and is very easy to load. The most time consuming part of prepping this vape will be grinding your herbs or tobacco finely to ensure best results.
- Portability - At 3.45 inches in height by 1.57 inches in diameter, the AtmosRX Vicod 5G is very easy to carry. It will fit into your pocket comfortably, and while it's not as inconspicuous as a vape pen that looks like an e cigarette, its size still makes it rather discreet.
- Ease of Use - The Atmos Vicod 5G has a high quality OLED display that makes operating it simple. The draw resistance with the herb and tobacco vaporizer is about average and shouldn't be a problem for most people. One drawback with the unit is that it does get dirty quickly, and will require frequent cleaning to work properly and produce high quality vapor.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - With the Vicod 5G by Atmos RX, you get full control over the vaping temperature. The unit can be set to a precise temperature between 300 and 435 degrees Fahrenheit. While the unit will stay at the temperature that you set, the rubber mouthpiece has a tendency to become uncomfortably hot because it's so close to the heating element. You can use the included glass straw for a more comfortable draw; however, the straw adds to the size of the unit and could get damaged on the go because it's fragile.
- Power Supply - A 2200 mAh lithium polymer battery powers the Atmos Vicod 5G. The battery life of the herb and tobacco vaporizer is about average for portables.
While the Atmos Vicod is not the best vaporizer in the portable category, it excels compared to other portables. The vapor quality of this portable unit is very good for the price you pay, and the warranty ensures that the vape will last. This vaporizer for tobacco and dry herbs is recommended for beginners as well as experienced vaporists who are most concerned with getting a vape that is a good value for the money.