Cloud V is known for producing vaporizers that are stylishly designed, well made, yet still affordable. The V Terra debuted in November of 2014 and is the largest dry herb vaporizer made by the brand. Though it was a favorite among vapor enthusiasts of all experience levels, the Terra has since been discontinued by the brand and is no longer available. Read on for a complete Cloud V Terra review to learn more.
- Price - The Cloud V Terra retails for $125, but we sell it here at VaporPlants.com for just $99. The Cloud vape is one of the most affordable portable options for dry herbs out there, so it's great for someone who doesn't want to spend a lot but still wants a solidly crafted vaporizer.
- Vapor Quality -The unit produces a very satisfying amount of vapor and allows you to enjoy the full flavor and potency of aromatic blends. You don't end up with harsh or overly hot vapor from the unit, and when you use the right Terra Cloud technique, you can get very large vapor clouds from the model. We'll talk a bit about the technique a little later in this Cloud V Terra review.
- Guarantee - One shortcoming of this Cloud vape is that it only has a 1 year warranty. That's about average for a vaporizer that is priced so low; however, it is not as long as what you'll get with some of the higher end portable vaporizers. The vape is well constructed, but you don't get a guarantee that it will continue to function at its best for more than a year.
- Prep Time - The Terra is ready for use in under 60 seconds, which is fast for a portable vaporizer. In order to get good results, you do need to spend time grinding your herbs very finely and letting them dry on a piece of paper prior to loading. This does increase prep time, but it makes a big difference in cloud size and efficiency. The Terra Cloud is relatively easy to load. The chamber is positioned directly under the mouthpiece, and its opening is a bit small. This means you'll definitely want to use the packing tool that's included to ensure that you don't waste your herbs.
- Portability - Unlike some other portable vaporizers, the Cloud Terra is a convenient choice for someone who wants to be able to vape away from home. It is small for a portable vaporizer, and it's contoured to fit into your palm nicely. The unit only has a single light, making it discreet.
- Ease of Use - In terms of setting up the vape and drawing from it, the Cloud V Terra is straightforward and easy to use. There is only one button to push, and Cloud V has designed the Terra to ensure you don't get any resistance when you inhale. That said, if you want to make sure you get full size clouds and efficiently vaporize all of your material, you do need to take the mouthpiece off after every 2 or 3 draws to stir your herbs with the included tool. This can be a little bit of a hassle but it will greatly improve your experience.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - The Terra offers two heat settings. The higher setting is typically best for most herbal blends. A convection style vaporizer, it won't combust your herbs even at the high temperature.
- Power Supply - Battery life is about average for a vape of this price. The vaporizer does come with a very nice charging cable that retracts for easy storage, setting it apart from a lot of other portable vaporizers.
Overall, the Cloud V Terra is definitely one of the best dry herb vaporizers for the money. Its price is reasonable compared to others of its kind and it is powerful enough to be able to hold its own among them. This vaporizer is one of the comparatively few portable dry herb vaporizers that use convection based heating technology, where dry air heats the herbs instead of the material coming into direct contact with the heating element, completely eliminating the risk of combustion.
It only takes the Cloud V Terra around one minute to heat up to your desired temperature. You have a choice between two settings which include the low setting of 375 and the high setting of 410 degrees Fahrenheit. The heating element itself is made from durable stainless steel that provides plenty of surface area for the chamber to heat evenly thanks to its ultra large .3 gram capacity.
Loading the Cloud V Terra is as simple as using the vape itself. It features one-button operation and an LED light indicator that shows you when the vape is charging and in use. After charging the Cloud V Terra for only three hours, you can enjoy it for around an hour and fifteen minutes before it will need another charge. It uses an ultra powerful, long-lasting 2200 mAh battery that comes with a retractable power cord for your convenience.
Measuring only 5.85 inches in height and just over 1.5 inches in width, the Cloud V Terra is ultra portable and its design is ergonomic and comfortable as well, making it perfect for those who want high quality dry herb vaping on the go.