When the DaVinci Ascent announced on January 13th in 2013, it caused a big stir, as its features were some of the most advanced ever seen. While not a traditional portable vaporizer, the DaVinci Ascent is a popular unit for those who want to vape on the go. Read on to learn more about this innovative vape. DaVinci Ascent arrived on the market in late 2013, making it one of the newest options for those who want to vape while on the go at that time. The unit is made by Organicix, LLC, and has some features that are very unique. Let's take a closer look at the details of the Da Vinci Ascent vape.
|DaVinci Ascent (Discontinued)||DaVinci Original (Oldest model by DaVinci)||DaVinci IQ (Newest model by DaVinci)|
|Materials Type||Dry herbs and concentrates||Dry herbs and concentrates||Dry herb|
|Oven Material||Ceramic/Glass||Bronze||Ceramic zirconia|
|Vapor Path||Glass||Carbon fiber blend||Ceramic zirconia|
|Battery Life (Usage time)||3+ hours||40-60 Minutes||90 Minutes (1.5 hours)|
|Charger||110-240 volt wall charger||110-240 volt wall charger||USB|
|Charge time||4-5 hours||3 Hours||1.5 hours|
|Bluetooth / APP||No||No||Yes|
|Heat-up Time||50 seconds||60 seconds||45 seconds|
|Easy to Load?||Yes||Moderately||Yes|
|Flavor / Taste||Moderate||Moderate||Excellent|
|Precise Temp Adjust / Temp Range||Precision up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit||Precision up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit||250 - 430 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Vape While Charging||Yes||No||Yes|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years||10 Years|
DaVinci vaporizers continue to set the standard for functionality, ease of use and style with the DaVinci Ascent. This ultra portable vaporizer is OK for use with wax or oil and is perfect to be used for vaping dry herbs. Simple to use and stylishly designed, this model truly stands out among other vapes in terms of the taste and purity that it can produce. Sleek, stylish and top-of-the-line vape, the Ascent features an all-glass pathway, glass-coated ceramic bowl, a 3-hour battery life and precision temperature controls. All of these necessary features offer absolute flavor and purity every time you draw, making the Ascent vaporizer the perfect choice for new users and experienced vapers.
The DaVinci Ascent is a conduction vaporizer featuring precise temperature control. The best feature - is the above average battery life. You will be able to get over an hour of continuous use. It features an OLED screen with plus and minus buttons giving you more control for different types of herbs and comes in a variety of designs including Stealth, Carbon Fiber, Burl Wood, Croc Skin and Black Skulls. With the Ascent vaporizer, you get the convenience of vaping exactly the way you want. It is perfect for any type of herbal blend, and included wax containers expand the vaping possibilities even more. This portable vaporizer can reach temperatures as high as 430F in under 90 seconds, and preheats to lower temperatures in under 60 seconds. The screen makes it easy to see not only the current temperature, but also the remaining battery life.
One of the unique features that sets the DaVinci Ascent apart from other vaporizer models is its temperature program memory feature. This unique technology allows you to setup a specific sequence of temperatures for the Ascent to move through as you vape. For example, you can create a program that grows gradually hotter over a period of 15 minutes, so that you can fully vaporize your herbal blend, oil or wax. A programmable automatic shutoff feature is also included in the design.
The Ascent Vaporizer is made to keep impurities out of vapor, so that there is nothing to compromise the quality, flavor and purity that you enjoy with each of your vapes. The device is one of the few models of its kind on the market to feature an all-glass vapor pathway that keeps vapor free of the toxins and chemicals that can be evaporated from metal and plastic vaporizer parts. Also included in the design is a ceramic heating chamber that further reduces the risk of contamination.
Although the DaVinci Ascent is not a traditional dry herb vaporizer, it is compact in size at 4.47 inches x 2.24 inches x 1.03 inches. Weighing just .43 pounds, the vaporizer will easily fits into your pocket, and comes with a vape-case pouch for your convenience. You can purchase one of these DaVinci vaporizers in your choice of five stylish designs: silver and black crocodile skin, black and burl wood, black and black carbon fiber, silver with black and white skulls and all stealth black.
The Ascent kit will free you up to travel anywhere without having to go without vaping. The battery can provide up to 3 hours of continuous power, and you can continue to vape while you re-charge, thanks to the pass-through charging technology. In the box, you'll also receive a dual voltage wall charger. A car charger is available for purchase separately along with many other authentic DaVinci parts above.
Backed by a 2-year warranty, the DaVinci Ascent allows for quick and easy cleaning. Just wipe off the the heating chamber and mouthpiece with ordinary isopropyl alochol and enjoy this top of the line vaporizer again and again for years to come both at home and on the go.
Included cleaning brush can be used for a number of maintenance tasks. After you have vaped and allowed your vaporizer to cool, you can sweep any dry herbs that are stuck inside of the heating chamber away with the brush. Cleaning brushes with stiff bristles can also be used to remove build up from the inside of the heating chamber, any screens or filters, the vapor pathway and anywhere else that you see build-up. Generally, cleaning brushes are only designed for dry cleaning and should not be dipped in alcohol or any other cleaning material unless the owner's manual specifically advises you to do so. The handle of the cleaning brush can also sometimes be used as a tool for removing screens, packing vaping materials or loosening blockages in the vapor path.
Metal Pick is an accessory produced by the experts at DaVinci. Although it is made to coordinate with the DaVinci Ascent, it can be used with many vaporizers of similar size. It is a tool with an elongated slender shape, made out of metal or glass, and has a handle that makes it easy to grab and point on the opposite ends. Some people use the pick to pack herbs in the heating chamber prior to use. While vaping, the pick can be utilized to stir your materials in order to ensure that they become vaporized evenly. Stirring often can help prevent wastage and combustion. During cleanup and maintenance, it can become handy for removing stubborn particles that are caught in any part of the vaporizer, as for changing screens.
Today, there are hundreds of oil products on the market that allow you to create vapors with different pleasing flavors. If you want to be able to experiment with any of these oils or liquids, the DaVinci oil jars is a must-have accessory. When you fill the jar/canister with oil and place it in the heating chamber of your vaporizer, you can easily vape oil and have a completely new experience with your DaVinci Ascent. Sold in a set of two, these oil jars are designed to make vaping essential oils a simple, enjoyable task. The jars are easy to open and close, and their silicone lids stay securely shut to prevent leaks. By using a medical grade lid and 100% glass jars, Ascent allows you to vape oils while keeping impurities out of your vapor. These can be reused multiple times, but it is recommended that you clean them after every use. Always allow the jars to cool completely before handling.
In conclusion, it's clear that the DaVinci as a company put a great deal of work into their 2nd generation unit. The Ascent's ability to offer precise temperature control down to 1° intervals makes it superior to many other models. It is a better unit for dry herb than for concentrates, so if you are looking for one of the best portable vaporizers on the market, not only in terms performance, vapor quality, battery life, stealth, portability and solid construction - this is your vape.
- Price - DaVinci Ascent was originally priced at $300 retail, but after the newer model release, IQ, Ascent can be now found for $200, making it one of the higher end priced portable models and many of the desktop models available on the market today.
- Reputation - In terms of vapor production and taste, the Da Vinci Ascent consistently earns high marks from reviewers. Which makes it one of the best vaporizers which has an all-glass pathway that keeps impurities out of herbs, or tobacco, resulting in very high vapor quality. Currently one of the only units on the market today that can be used not only for dry herbs but also for oils and concentrates.
- Guarantee - DaVinci offers a 2-year limited warranty on the Ascent, which is about as long as most other portables and longer than the guarantees provided with some models.
- Prep Time - Once the Ascent is turned on, it can be ready for use in as little as 30 seconds, so it is perfect for on-demand vaping.
- Portability, Size and Privacy - At just 4.47 inches in height by 2.24 inches in width by 1.03 inches in depth, the DaVinci Ascent is truly pocket sized and very easy to take with you on the go. The vaporizer has a sleek look and comes in three stylish finishes. Many people will mistake it for a mobile phone in a case, making it a compact vaping device.
- Ease of Use - For the average user, the Ascent is rather easy to use. The mouthpiece is simple to draw from, and there is a digital display that allows you to easily monitor the temperature. People who have arthritis or problems with finger dexterity may struggle to raise and lower the mouth piece or to fill the vaporizer.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - The Da Vinci Ascent is a conduction vaporizer. While reports of combustion are rare, some people have reported this problem with dry herbs. The Ascent does have a built-in temperature regulator that is highly responsive, allowing you to adjust the heat levels by increments as small as 1 degree. There are some reports that the device becomes hot to the touch, particularly at the bottom.
- Power Supply - The Da Vinci Ascent has a rechargeable battery that can power the device for about 2.5 hours, which is comparable to many portables; however, the 5-hour charge time is longer than the norm with models in this price range.
In conclusion, the DaVinci Ascent never fails to wow with its stylish design, and its flexible multi-function performance as both a dry herb and wax vaporizer. Features like a glass vapor pathway, and precise temperature controls allow the vape to provide superior vapor quality. Beware that this vaporizer can become hot, and it is a little larger than many other portables. But if you're looking for very pure, clean vapor, and don't want to worry about combustion, the DaVinci Ascent is a good investment for those who vape regularly, plus this model appeals to many experienced vape enthusiasts.