The herbalAire H2.2 is a desktop vaporizer that offers three different draw methods, and the ability to vaporize all types of herbs; dry herbs, concentrated oils, and wax. You can draw directly from the mouthpiece top, through a whip, or out of balloon bags. This unit has a very different design than others on the market today, which leads to some distinctive benefits and some noticeable drawbacks.
Dual function design: flexibility to draw from balloons & whip
Saves time with no need to grind herbs
Gets hot in roughly 5 minutes or less
Satisfactory vapor quality
Very easy to use in whip mode
LED lights allow for easy monitoring
Risk for waste if you don't measure your herbs in advance
Mouthpiece top wiggles around
Must use a larger amount of herbs to get quality vapor
Bags don't have valves, so they can leak
No internal fan; balloon bags are filled with separate pump
Fine particles get into the balloons, large holes in the screen
Unit can run hot and pose a risk for herb combustion
herbalAire H2.2 Reviewed Rating: 7/10 by VaporPlants
To purchase a similar Desktop model, click below:
Use coupon code 'VPR' to save 10% OFF
In-Depth of herbalAire H2.2
- Price - The suggested selling price of the herbalAire H2.2 is $199, making it a mid-priced option amongst desktop vaporizers. For the quality of the vapor that it produces in whip mode, it does offer value.
- Vapor Quality - With this model, you can expect pure vapor that has a pleasing taste, and the amount of vapor you can produce with the unit is satisfactory; however, you must place more herbs into the crucible than what herbalAire recommends if you want to be able to enjoy thick vapor.
- Whip Mode - Of the two traditional types of draw methods, the whip mode tends to get more praise. The whip included with this model is very easy to draw from with very little learning curve. The vapor quality is satisfactory to good with this method.
- Bag Mode - There are a number of unsatisfactory reviews about the herbalAire H2.2 performance in bag mode. One major problem with the herbal vaporizer is that it doesn't have an internal fan. To fill a bag, you must attach a separate air pump. An extra part means there's more to break, more to store, and more to carry, if you like to travel with your vape. Also, the balloons that are compatible with the H2.2 do not have clamps of any kind, so you have to hold them to prevent leakage. The most troubling problem with using this model is the bag mode, though, is that the holes in the screen are too large. This means that particles of herbs can fly into the bag and end up in your mouth when you draw.
- Guarantee - The herbalAire H2.2 has a 3-year warranty, which is about average for similar models. There are a few models that have longer warranties.
- Prep Time - Setting up this device is very easy. You don't even need to grind your herbs beforehand. The unitgets hot within a few minutes, so it's about as convenient as most other models, and faster than others. LED lights on the bottom make it very clear when the unit is ready.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - The herbalAire H2.2 features an analog temperature dial, so it's not quite as precise as digital models. Still, the dial does have numbers on it, a feature not found in some competitors. This makes it easier to reset the vaporizer on the same temperature for every use. There are some reports of the herbal models running hot, which could result in combustion if you're not careful.
3 Tips - Using the herbalAire H2.2
Runs a little hot. Start with the temperature lower and increase as needed.
Make sure that you leave the mouthpiece in place for a minute or two with the unit hot.
It must have enough time to expand to prevent slippage during use.
How to use the herbalAire 2.2 Balloon Bag
If you prefer to vape from a bag rather than the mouthpiece, follow this procedure:
Fill the crucible with your herbal blend or tobacco - Use an herb grinder to grind up the herbs
Drop the crucible into the heating chamber
Use the tubing to connect the air pump to the port on the back of the herbalAire 2.2
Insert the mouthpiece and the mouthpiece extension. Do this when the unit is cool
Slide the mouthpiece of the bag onto the mouthpiece extension by pressing and twisting
Turn on the vaporizer
Set the temperature on the unit. For most herbal blends, 300 degrees Fahrenheit will suffice. The red light will come on
When the amber light comes on, turn on the air pump
Wait until the bag fills. Remove it and then inhale through the mouthpiece.
What You Need to Know Before You Vape:
herbalAire is only intended for use by those 21 years of age and older
herbalAire is only intended for legal use.
You should refer to the laws governing your area.
You should consult a physician before vaping with the herbalAire
The device is not intended as a treatment for any medical condition
How to use herbalAire 2.2 Teflon Mouthpiece
To vape with the herbalAire 2.2 and the included mouthpiece using direct inhalation setup.
Follow these steps:
Fill the crucible with your preferred herbal blends. You do not need to grind it
Drop the crucible into the vaporizer
Put the mouthpiece in place at the top of the unit. You should do this when the device is cool
Place the mouthpiece extension onto the mouthpiece.
Plug the unit in
Set the temperature on the device. For most herbal blends, 300 degrees Fahrenheit will suffice. The red light will come on
Wait until the amber light comes on.
Draw using the mouthpiece.
Check the indicator light between uses. Green means that the device must heat up before you draw again. Red means that the device needs to cool down before you continue to draw
Return to drawing when the amber light comes on
How to Clean the herbalAire 2.2
Steps to cleaning and maintaining
Unplug the unit and make sure that it has completely cooled
Turn the vaporizer upside down to remove the crucible
Any materials that are lodged in the crucible can be removed with the paddle shaped part of the cleaning tool. A damp towel with water or ethyl alcohol can be used to clean the piece
Teflon mouthpieces should be rinsed with warm water and cleansed with dish soap. The cleaning tool can be used to clean the inside
Only wipe down the housing of the herbalAire 2.2 with a damp cloth. You should never soak it in water or run it under water
Disinfect the mouthpiece with ethyl alcohol. Place it inside of the storage tube with the alcohol. Put the cap on and then shake well. Rinse with water after removing the mouthpiece
herbalAire 2.2 Safely
The herbalAire 2.2 is designed to be safe and easy to operate. However, the device can cause accidents and injuries if not used properly.
Safety tips will help you to enjoy a safe vaping experience.
Do not use the herbalAire 2.2 around liquids or submerge any part of it in water
Do not attempt to open the vaporizer
Keep it out of reach of children
Always unplug the device when you are not using it or when you are cleaning it
The main mouthpiece, the crucible and the top portion of the vaporizer become hot during use. Do not come into contact with them while the device is on, and always allow them to cool completely before cleaning
Do not use the herbalAire 2.2 with any accessories that are not produced by the manufacturer
Keep the cord from dangling over the edges of tables or counters and ensure that it does not come into contact with hot surfaces
Power Inverters and Car Adapters
herbalAire 2.2 is not compatible with all power inverters and car adapter. If you are unsure whether or not the vaporizer is compatible with an adapter or inverter.
You can test it using the following steps:
Attach the herbalAire 2.2 to the adapter or inverter
Set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Look for the amber light to come on within 30 seconds. If it does not, the device is not compatible
Key Features of the herbalAire 2.2
HerbalAire 2.2 has a number of key features that help to set it apart from other dry herb and aromatherapy units sold in vape shops today.
Among these are:
Temperature regulator which allows users to set the operating temperature between 250 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
Three-color indicator light system that informs you when the device is ready for vaping
Automatic shut off turns the vaporizer off after 30 minutes of inactive time
An included, extra long 12-foot power cord
Nylon and glass exterior is attractive and highly durable
Heavy-duty Teflon mouthpiece which is easy to clean
1 Vaporizer unit
1 Teflon mouthpiece
2 Mouthpiece extensions
1 Cleaning tool
1 Cleaning and storage tool
2 Collection bags
1 Pump switch
1 Tubing apparatus
The herbalAire dual-use that offers you the flexibility to choose between direct inhalation or vaping with a bag. Both methods are easy to master and can result in very high quality vapor, provided that you use the right technique. This guide will help to ensure that you have the best possible experience vaping with the herbalAire 2.2. Can we be of further assistance? Get in touch with our customer service team for more help. We'e helped clients with a variety of aromatherapy vaporizers. Whatever your vaping needs may be, we can help! Contact us today to learn more!