The makers of the Puffco are back with another great portable wax vaporizer that is slimmer than ever before and is made with zero plastic or glue. It comes with a deep ceramic chamber that is efficient and provides plenty of robust flavor and vapor. It even includes a Sesh mode to ensure optimized vaping every time. (Scroll down to see our of review the Puffco Pro 1st generation model, which has already been discontinued, and replaced by Puffco Pro 2)
|Pro 2 (by Puffco)||Plus (other model by Puffco)|
|Vapor Path||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Battery Life (Usage time)||100 uses per charge||50 hits per charge|
|Bluetooth / APP||No||No|
|Heat-up Time||2-3 seconds||2-3 seconds|
|Easy to Load?||Yes||Yes|
|Flavor / Taste||Excellent||Excellent|
|Precise Temp Adjust / Temp Range||Low, medium, and high||Low, medium, and high|
|Vape While Charging||No||No|
|Warranty||90 days on battery; 1 year on charger||90 days on battery; 1 year on charger|
- Price - At $90, the Puffco Pro 2 is a bit more expensive than some other wax vaporizers of its caliber.
- Vapor Quality - The Puffco Pro 2 comes with a large capacity ceramic chamber that does not use any type of glue, fibers, or plastic. This ceramic chamber has a ceramic coil that delivers robust flavor and incredibly tasty clouds that are hard to duplicate.
- Guarantee - PuffCo offers a 90-day warranty on the battery, and a one-year warranty on the on charger.
- Prep Time - Using the included dab tool, loading the Puffco Pro 2 is a breeze and accessing the chamber is as simple as unscrewing the lid.
- Portability - Measuring just over 4.5 inches in length and a mere half an inch in diameter, this pen is super lightweight and slim, it fits discreetely in a pocket or hand. It looks a bit like a standard e-cig, making it even more discreet.
- Ease of Use - The tapered bowl of the Puffco Pro 2 promises very little waste and makes cleaning simple. Using it is as easy as untwisting the top and loading the chamber.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - The Puffco Pro 2 features a ceramic chamber and 3 fixed temperature settings.
- Power Supply - The ultra long-lasting battery can be used for up to 100 sessions on a single charge. Use the included USB charging cable to recharge it in just an hour.
The Puffco Pro 2 is a slim, ultra portable vaporizer that is so simple to charge and to use, turning this into the best companion for taking on the go. The battery life can last for a day or more and the vapor quality is outstanding, making this slim vape pen perfect for anytime, high quality vaping.
The Puffco Pro classic, first edition has been discontinued, and is a vaporizer pen for people who prefer waxes to dry herbs, and the pen has some distinct advantages over other models on the market.
- Price - it sells for around $99, so it's on the high end of the mid-range vaporizer pens. The performance problems make the pen a little overpriced in our opinion.
- Vapor Quality - with the Puffco Pro, you get a large, deep, ceramic-lined chamber with a ceramic rod wick that is wrapped in titanium. The atomizer produces large clouds that have a very clean taste. The smoothness of the vapor is also above average. While this is not the top performing wax vape pen on the market, it can hold its own, and offers better vapor quality than most similarly priced models.
- Guarantee - Puffco only offers a 90-day warranty on the electronic components of the Puffco Pro; however, they have a replacement program that allows you to get a new battery, mouthpiece, or USB charger if yours wears out within a year of purchase. This makes its overall guarantee about average for a vape of its price.
- Prep Time - the Puffco Pro has a very large capacity and is capable of holding about .3 grams of material. A drawback of the size is that it is difficult to load small amounts of material in the wax pen. This makes the dab vape pen a good choice for someone who wants to be able to enjoy long sessions.
- Portability - made to look like an electronic cigarette, the Puffco Pro is very discreet and highly portable.
- Ease of Use - the Puffco Pro has a simple one-button design; however, it can be difficult to use. The unit has a tendency to get clogged. It's rare to be able to get through an entire session without having to stir or adjust the wax. As a result, this vaporizer pen is less convenient than many other models.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - the Puffco Pro has three temperature settings and holds its set temperature well with no worries about combustion.
- Power Supply - while the Puffco Pro has an average battery life compared to other vapor pens, it takes 3 full hours to charge, which is long for a model of its size.
If you're looking for a medical wax vape pen that will allow you to enjoy very long sessions, with above average vapor quality, and don't want to spend more than $100 on your new vape, the Puffco Pro is an excellent choice. This unit may not be as good of a fit for someone who likes shorter sessions, or for anyone who wants a vaporizer for wax that they can simply set and forget.