QuickDraw has introduced a number of portable vaporizer models over the years, and their latest innovation, the QuickDraw 300 Series, has quickly become popular among vape enthusiasts. The QuickDraw vape pen is unique in that it has a magnetic interchangeable cartridge system that allows you to use the vapor pen for dry herbs, wax, and oils. Read on to get a full review of the QuickDraw 300 Series.
|Dry herbs, wax, and oil
|Battery Life (Usage time)
|Bluetooth / APP
|Easy to Load?
|Flavor / Taste
|Precise Temp Adjust / Temp Range
|One preset temperature
|One preset temperature (adjusts per container)
|Vape While Charging
- Price - the QuickDraw 300 Series includes two vaporizer pens. The first is the QuickDraw 300-D, which comes only with the cartridge for using the vape as an herbal vaporizer. It costs $100, which is about average for a dry herb model of good quality. The second option is the QuickDraw 300-DLX, which comes with all three cartridges and costs $140. This is obviously much less than what you would pay to buy separate oil, herb, and wax vape pen vaporizers.
- Vapor Quality - when used as a herbal vaporizer pen, the QuickDraw 300 Series produces large clouds of potent vapor with above average taste and smoothness. For oil, the cartridge system provides exceptionally large clouds of vapor and very good tasting vapor. As a wax pen vaporizer, the model produces average to above average quality vapor in terms of taste, potency, and smoothness.
- Guarantee - the QuickDraw 300 Series has a 1-year warranty, which is the normal.
- Prep Time - with the QuickDraw 300 Series, you do need to wait for the vapor pen to heat up in any of the three modes; however, it reaches working temperature very quickly. The preheat feature allows you to get satisfying vapor cloud sizes from the first draw. With the magnetic technology used in the cartridge design, you can swap the parts out quickly when you want to use different materials. This is a nice feature as some other multifunction vape pens are difficult to convert.
- Portability - the QuickDraw vape pen is pocket sized and easy to carry. The vaporizer pen looks much like an electronic cigarette, so it's a compact vape solution.
- Ease of Use - the biggest downside to the QuickDraw is that it's difficult to load the dry herb cartridge. The chamber is rather small, and it's easy to end up wasting material. Also, the wax vaporizer pen cartridge can be messy to load. Once you have the vapor pen filled, it's easy to draw from in any of its three modes, as it only has one button.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - the QuickDraw 300 Series only have one heat setting, but the model self regulates to set the working temperature at the best level. The cartridges can become hot to the touch during long sessions, so it's important to hold the pen low by the battery.
- Power Supply - the QuickDraw 300 Series features a 650 mAh battery that can be charged within 1 to 2 hours and that can supply about 6 to 8 hours of standby time. The battery life and charging speed are in line with what you'd expect from a vaporizer pen of its price.
Before beginning your adventure with your QuickDraw 300D herb vaporizer or 3-in-1 300DLX, you will want to ensure that it is fully charged. It is usually takes one hour to completely charge the built in battery; however, you also possess the ability to use it while it is charging. Typically, this device will last an entire day on a single charge. You'll know it's charging when the attached charger cord shows a blue LED light at the top, indicating power is being supplied to the device.
When you're ready to use your new vape pen, press the heater button three times quickly and consecutively. One of two things will happen when you perform this action: the bottom ring will flash white three times, indicating the device is unlocked and ready to use. Conversely, it will flash red three times, signifying that the device is locked, and prevented from misfiring while it is in your pocket, for instance.
Once you've have the device in the desired mode, it's time to first load the vaping material of your choice. To do so, you will need to remove the mouthpiece from the cartridge body. Do this carefully, especially with the oil cartridges. You want to ensure you do not snap off the plastic clasps against the steel ones. An easy way to ensure the smooth removal of the mouthpiece is to hold the cartridge in one hand, and with the other, grasp the mouthpiece. Carefully push the bottom right side of the mouthpiece counter-clockwise with your thumb, and guide the piece with your index finger until the plastic clasps of the mouthpiece detach cleanly from the metal ones found inside of the cartridge.
The same caution should be taken when changing or replacing a mouthpiece. Much in the same way, it's best to place the top of the cartridge rim at a sideways angle, using a slight, downward pressure, to make sure it sits comfortably against the metal rim. Guide it with your fingers clockwise from the right until the clasps lock into each other.
Before loading and unloading your material, do allow the cartridge to cool down after use. Once cool, grind up your dry herb into a somewhat fine mixture. Place it into the dry cartridge, just below the white inner chamber found inside of both the QuickDraw 300D and 300DLX models. Included with your all-in-one vaporizer kit, you will find a loading tool that makes not only filling the chamber easy, but it also allows you to compact the material a bit for best results. Once this is completed, install the mouthpiece using the advice provided above.
When your material is loaded and ready to go, turn on the QuickDraw vaporizer by pressing and holding the power button down for roughly 3-5 seconds. You will see that the LED ring will glow red. It is at this point that you can release the button. The device will begin its preheat stage, which can take 30-45 seconds. The red ring will turn green when it is ready for use. There is also an automatic safety shut off feature that prevents your device from overheating. If this is activated, simply push the power button to turn the device back on.
You can learn more about both the QuickDraw 300-D and 300-DLX by checking out their product pages here at VaporPlants.com, see link at the top!