A portable vaporizer can make enjoying herbs and waxes as easy as can be. At VaporPlants.com, we carry all of the best portable vaporizers on the market today, and are here to help you choose the best handheld for your needs. Read on to learn what you need to consider when choosing the best portable vape.
A portable or hand held vaporizer is a medium to small device that is powered by something other than direct electrical current. A very compact model is sometimes called a pocket vaporizer because it can fit into your pocket for easy carrying. Handhelds free you from being tethered to a wall outlet by a cord, so that you can travel and make use of a vape. Small vaporizers are also easy to store at home, and most of the models are more efficient and better able to produce vapor of higher quality than vape pens.
When you're shopping, you'll want to consider all of the following key features:
A handheld vape can be used to enjoy different types of materials, such as:
1. Dry Herbal Blends - you can load finely ground dry leaf in any aroma therapy handheld vape.
2. Waxes - wax vaporizer models can be used for waxy concentrates. Most good wax portable vapes can also serve as dry herb vaporizers.
3. Oils - oil vapes are used to vape e-liquids that go in electronic cigarettes, which may or may not contain nicotine. Only a very small number of handheld or pocket models can be used with oil.
Handheld vaporizers use one of two heating methods for vapor production:
1. Conduction - involves warming material to its temperature of vaporization by direct heat. The material is in contact with the heating element, so it gives off vapor very quickly. A conduction vaporizer is often the best option for those looking for something inexpensive. Many older models use this type of method.
2. Convection - involves warming material to temperature of vaporization by indirect heat. The material is not in contact with the heating element in these units. Instead, the heating element gets the air inside of the chamber hot, and the air then warms up the material. Convection vaporizers are usually best for those looking to reduce waste because they are highly efficient. They also provide very high quality vapor and pose little risk for burning material, to see more about convective heat transfer, see wiki.
Portable vape models also use different power sources, including:
a. Batteries - most oil and herbal models rely on rechargeable batteries for power. These models are usually recharged via a USB port, but some can also be recharged using a wall outlet or a cigarette lighter port in a car.
b. Butane - a very small number of portable vaporizers run on butane, a fuel that burns when it mixes with oxygen and gives off heat.
c. Flame - an even smaller number of models are actually heated up with a lighter.
Once you have decided which materials you want to vape, which type of heating you prefer, and which power source is right for you, you can consider the following factors to help you choose perfect model for yourself:
a. Size - all portable vaporizers vary greatly in size. Larger models often have longer battery lives and can hold more material, but smaller ones are easier to transport and store.
b. Warranty - portables usually have longer warranties, so comparing the warranty lengths can give you a feel for the quality of different vapes.
c. Style - portable vaporizers come in many colors, shapes, and designs. Some even look like other items like flashlights or drinking flasks, making them even more compact.
d. Price - you'll also want to consider your budget when you're shopping for a vaporizer. Handheld vaporizers are often less expensive than larger desktop models.
You can learn a lot more about portable vapes from our collection by checking out our product review section, or just by clicking through the products above and reading detailed information about each one. Our customer service team is also here to help you choose the best pocket vaporizer. Don't hesitate and contact us right now for help.