The Pax 2 vaporizer has long been a contender for the title of the best vaporizer. Known for its sleek look and premium vapor production, the dry herb vaporizer has been considered the gold standard for portable vaporizers, so it's hard to believe it could get any better. But believe it or not, it has! Pax is back with a brand new version of their dry herb vaporizer--the Pax 3. Read on for a full vaporizer review.
|Materials Type||Dry Herb/Concentrate|
|Oven Material||Stainless Steel|
|Vapor Path||Stainless Steel|
|Battery Life (Usage time)||90 minutes|
|Charge time||2-3 Hours|
|Bluetooth / APP||Yes|
|Heat-up Time||5 Seconds|
|Easy to Load?||Yes|
|Flavor / Taste||Medium|
|Precise Temp Adjust / Temp Range||With App|
|Vape While Charging||No|
- Price - It sells for around $275. While that's more expensive than other portable vaporizers, the quality of this vaporizer warrants the price.
- Vapor Quality - Vapor quality with the Pax 3 is exceptional with dry herbs, just as it was with the original, and the newer version of the portable vaporizer has a more powerful battery for larger and more potent vapor clouds. With the Pax 3 vape, you also get a container for vaporizing concentrates. This works well, but it does not offer an experience that rivals that of the dry herb vape unit functionality.
- Guarantee - Pax Labs warranties the Pax 3 vaporizer for 10 years, which is a very long warranty compared to other portable vaporizers.
- Prep Time - The Pax 3 is very simple to load and to set up. It gets hot in about 15 seconds, so vapor production begins almost instantaneously.
- Portability - Like the Pax 2, the Pax 3 is compact and has a sleek design. It's easy to fit in your pocket and small enough for compact use on the go.
- Ease of Use - A mobile app makes the Pax 3 so simple to use. You can set the temperature using an Android or iOS mobile device. The Lip Sensing technology keeps vapor flowing throughout use. See and download the app on Google-Play or itunes.
- Heating and Temperature Regulators - With the new mobile app, you can choose whatever temperature setting is best for your material, and the dry herb and wax unit is properly regulated to stay at working temperature throughout use.
- Power Supply - The Pax 3 has a powerful battery that allows you to enjoy long sessions. It's equivalent to the Pax 2 and recharges fast.
Some of the key differences between the Pax 2 and Pax 3 vaporizer are that the newer model has the following features:
It does have the same sleek build and advanced lip-sensing technology as the original Pax vaporizer. See the full Pax 2 Review
All in all, the Pax 3 is a marked improvement of the Pax 2, which many people already considered the best vaporizer of its kind. It’s well worth the selling price and comes in four very stylish colors. This dry herb and wax vaporizer is recommended most for the serious vaping enthusiast who uses dry herbs predominantly but wants the freedom to use waxes on occasion.
Incredibly ergonomic, the G-Pen Elite is a semi-compact portable vaporizer. At a manufacturer's price of $150, it is much cheaper than the Pax 3, but unlike the Pax 3, the G-Pen elite is for use exclusively with dry herbs. It has an adjustable temperature range between 200 and 428 degrees Fahrenheit to suit all temperature preferences. To view the temperature it is currently set at along with the battery life, take a look at the innovative LED indicator found on the side of the unit.
The Elite comes with a grinder card that is super compact and helps with its portability, as you can just slide it into your wallet and take it wherever you go. In addition, what is special about this unit is the fact that it has a ceramic chamber that can reach temperatures up to 357 degrees Fahrenheit in a mere 30 seconds, though that is much longer than the Pax 3 takes. Another way it differs from the Pax 3 is that it does not have an app. That said, the G Pen Elite does boast a screen that the Pax 3 does not.