Are you new to the world of vaping? If you're hoping to give up smoking in favor of using an electronic cigarette, one of the most important things that you'll have to decide is what type of e-juice to buy when you're starting out. But not to worry! This guide will help you select the best one for your needs.
Nicotine Levels in E-Juice
Nicotine is a chemical found naturally in tobacco that acts as a stimulant, meaning that it excites the nervous system. The chemical is what makes cigarettes addictive. Many e-juice products have nicotine added to them in order to satisfy the cravings that people have when they quit smoking.
The amount of nicotine found in e-juice is measured in milligrams per milliliter, and there is roughly one milligram of nicotine in a conventional cigarette. You can use the following as a guide to help you select the right e-juice.
- If you smoked unfiltered cigarettes, 24 milligram/milliliter e-juice will likely be the best choice for you.
- If you smoked full flavor cigarettes, 18 milligram/milliliter e-juice will likely be the best choice for you.
- If you smoked conventional cigarettes, 12 milligram/milliliter e-juice will likely be the best choice for you.
- If you smoked light cigarettes, 6 milligram/milliliter e-juice will likely be the best choice for you.
- If you smoked ultra or extra light cigarettes, 3 milligram/milliliter e-juice will likely be the best choice for you.
- If you only want to vape for flavor, 0 milligram/milliliter e-juice will be the best choice for you.
This information is meant to be a general guide. Some e-cigarettes, such as sub-ohm devices, produce stronger, more concentrated vapor. If you use one of these electronic cigarettes, you should plan to start with a lower concentration of e-juice. If you feel dizzy, light-headed, or get a headache from vaping, you are likely using an e-juice with too much nicotine and should try a lower strength formula.
PG vs. VG
Most e-juice products are made from a combination of vegetable glycerin or VG and propylene glycol or PG. Each ingredient has its own purpose in e-juice:
- Propylene glycol gives vapor a throat hit, a sensation felt at the back of the throat that mimics the feeling of smoking. The the higher the percentage of PG in an e-liquid the stronger the sensation will be.
- Vegetable glycerin makes vapor clouds full. The higher the percentage of VG is in an e-liquid, the larger the vapor clouds will be.
For your first e-juice, it's usually best to choose a blend that is 50 percent PG and 50 percent VG to see how you like it. This will give you a soft hit in your throat and moderately sized vapor clouds.
As you vape, you'll begin to develop your own preferences and can adjust your e-juice accordingly. If you want larger clouds, move to a 40 percent PG and 60 percent VG e-juice, or for a more noticeable throat hit, try a 60 percent PG and 40 percent VG e-juice, (see more flavor from ejuce).
If you find that you want even bigger clouds or an even more intense hit, you can continue to try higher levels of VG or PG until you find the right one.
As an important final note, some people discover that they are allergic to PG during their first few weeks of vaping. If you're among them, you can purchase a 100 percent vegetable glycerin e-juice.
If you'd like personalized advice regarding e-juice selection, please feel free to contact our customer service team at VaporPlants.com. We'd be happy to advise you.
What's the Deal with PG vs VG? Ejuice/Eliquids
Buy from VaporPlants.com, use promo code "10off" for 10% off