If you want to continue to enjoy the flavor of your favorite e juices in your e cigarette or box mod, you need to keep your vape properly maintained. Electronic cigarettes and vape mods require proper care to continue to produce high quality vapor, and atomizer maintenance is one of the most important aspects of caring for an e cig. This guide will teach you how to clean your vaporizer to keep it functioning at its best.
Why Cleaning Is Important
The idea of having to clean an e cigarette regularly may seem like a hassle, but it's well worth the time. Regular cleaning can help to promote better quality, tastier vapor, and help the wicks inside of e cigarette atomizers to stay in good condition for as long as possible. This can cut down on the frequency with which you need to replace parts in an electronic cigarette or vape mod. Over time, the propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin used in e liquid can build up in the atomizer tank, interfering with vapor flow and altering the taste that you enjoy when you're vaping.
How to Clean Ecig Tanks
The good news is that it's easy to clean your e cig tank. There are two methods of doing so:
Method 1: Cleaning with Vodka
Vodka is an excellent cleaning solution for e cigs. To use it for cleaning:
1. Disassemble your atomizer into as many pieces as possible. The number of parts in tanks used in ecigs and box mod vape models varies. You can consult your owner's manual to find out how to take your atomizer completely apart.
2. Fill a glass or bowl with vodka and let the pieces soak in it for 5 to 6 hours.
3. Place the parts for your vape box atomizer or ecig atomizer on a paper towel and allow them to dry completely.
Method 2: Cleaning with a Paper Towel
If you don't have the time to soak your atomizer or you don't want to purchase vodka just for cleaning your ecigarettes or mechanical mods, you can clean with a paper towel. The process is as follows:
1. Disassemble your atomizer into as many pieces as possible.
2. Take a piece of paper towel and then roll and twist it up into a tight, long tool that looks like a toothpick.
3. Insert the end of the paper towel into the atomizer head, so that it absorbs all of the e juice.
4. Use the paper towel to clean all of the crevices of each part of the atomizer. If your atomizer is very dirty, you may need to use a second paper towel tool to finish the job.
5. While not absolutely necessary, it's best to let your atomizer pieces sit on a paper towel for 5 to 8 hours after cleaning.
How Often to Clean
There is no set rule for how often a vape box mod or e-cigarette needs to be cleaned. If you vape frequently, you may want to clean on a daily basis or every other day. More casual vaporists can clean less frequently. Signs that you need to clean include visible build-up in your atomizer, changes in vapor taste and reductions in vapor flow.
For more information about cleaning electronic cigarettes, please feel free to contact our customer service team here at VaporPlants.com.