The Pax 2 and Crafty vaporizers are two of the most popular high-end portable models. The Pax 2 vaporizer is the latest innovation from the company Pax, while the Crafty is produced by the German manufacturer Storz & Bickel, which also produces the well known Volcano. Both vapes have their own distinctive benefits and drawbacks. Here is a look at how they compare:
- Size: The Pax 2 measures 3.87 inches by 1.21 inches by .85 inches in size and weighs 92 grams, while the Crafty is 4.3 inches by 2.2 inches by 1.3 inches in size and weighs 136 grams. Because the Pax 2 is lighter and smaller, it is slightly more portable than its competitor; however, both are significantly lighter than other top top selling vaporizers.
- Chamber Size: Although it's more compact, the Pax 2 has a larger heating chamber, and can hold more material than the Crafty. For people who like to vape long sessions, this is appealing; however, it makes the Pax 2 slightly less beneficial for those who like to pack only a small amount of material for shorter sessions.
- Appearance: The Pax 2 is often applauded for its ultra modern sleek exterior complete with a multi-color LED light. The Crafty has a simpler appearance with a black plastic housing. While it doesn't have the same shine as the Pax, the Crafty vaporizer still has a contemporary look that some may prefer to the flashier Pax 2.
- Battery Life: Both of the portable models have impressive battery life compared to their competitors, but the Pax 2 battery will allow you to vape for a little longer before you need to recharge.
- Power: The Crafty vaporizer is a little more powerful than the Pax 2. As a result, it vaporizes dry herbs more quickly than its competitor. This balances the shorter battery life, as you can typically get the same results from the vape due to the potency of the vapor produced.
- Efficiency: The Crafty uses conduction to directly heat herbs when you start the vape to ensure fast vapor production, and then switches to convection heating to fully vaporize materials. As a pure conduction vaporizer, the Pax 2 Vaporizer is less efficient and may not fully vaporize all of your herbs.
- Draw Resistance: With the Crafty for dry herb, wax and oil, vapor moves easily through the unit and out of the mouthpiece, so anyone can draw from it correctly the first time. The Pax 2 has more draw resistance, so it can take time to master the proper technique to produce large clouds.
- Temperature Settings: The Pax 2 offers four heat settings ranging from 360 to 420 degrees Fahrenheit. These are pre-set by the engineers and cannot be changed. The Crafty on the other hand offers high and low heat settings, but you can set them to whatever level you desire using the free smartphone app offered by Storz and Bickel.
- Vapor Quality: Both the Crafty and the Pax 2 herbal vaporizer will give you smooth, tasty vapor without any combustion. The cloud size can be similar between the two once you learn how to properly take draws from the Pax 2.
- Maintenance: The Crafty is very simple to maintain and only requires occasional cleaning to keep the mouthpiece free of debris. The Pax 2 will require cleaning more frequently to keep the draw resistance to a minimum. During tests, the Pax 2 was found to need cleaning about twice as often as the Crafty.
So which is the best? It's really a matter of your own preferences. Here's a summary of the benefits of each model to help you make your decision.
Benefits of the Pax 2 vs Crafty
- More attractive modern design
- Smaller in size and lighter
- Better for long sessions due to large heating chamber
- Longer battery life
Benefits of the Crafty vs Pax 2
- Better for shorter sessions
- Less draw resistance
- More flexible temperature settings
- Better efficiency
- Less maintenance
You can learn more about the Crafty and the Pax 2 vaporizers by checking out their product pages here at VaporPlants.com. If you have questions about either devices, please don't hesitate to contact us.